Eight players remain in the Big One for One Drop and the smallest Einhorn can win is $ 1 237 333rd At most, it might be outrageous $ 18,346,673.
And all will then go to charity, the organization City Year exact. City Year provides young people between 17 and 22 years chances are for one year to work as mentors and additional teachers at some of the least successful public schools in the United States.
This is not the first time David Einhorn donates poker winnings to charity. 2006 he finished in 18 place in the WSOP main event and donated over $ 659,000 to Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Einhorn is the founder and president of Greenlight Capital, a hedge fund he started in 1996 with $ 900 000. He was bitten by the poker when he and a friend played a charity tournament for the "Math for America" a few years ago.
- After that we decided to put one on to learn about poker and play in a few small tournaments, have some home games and read some books. As a result, we came to Las Vegas to play the Main Event of World Series of Poker at the end of the year and that's when I had that crazy fluency, says Einhorn to PokerListings.
Compared to many of the other finalists have Einhorn thus limited poker skills. But he claims to have other advantages in this richest context.
- I am extremely fortunate person. I am a money manager and I take care of a pretty good fund that generates a great income for me, so I have to get into some rather tough battles with nerves every day at my job, at levels much higher than we deal with here.
- So for me it's more that I love poker as a game because it gives me the chance to measure myself with some very intelligent people and have a lot of fun while doing it. I have definitely not the same card skills that most of these guys, but I will at least have an advantage when it comes to nerves, says David Einhorn.
The position before the final table in the Big One for One Drop:
- Antonio Esfandiari - 39.925 million
- Sam Trickett - 37 million
- Guy Laliberté - 21.7 million
- Brian Rast - 11.35 million
- Phil Hellmuth - 10.925 million
- David Einhorn - 8.375 million
- Richard Yong - 7.475 million
- Bobby Baldwin - 7.15 million