In 1997 when Daniel won two events at the World Poker Finals earning himself $133,600 as well as being named the tournament's best all-around player. He backed up his efforts in the 1998 WSOP by winning $169,460 at the $2,000 Pot Limit Hold'em event and becoming the youngest WSOP bracelet winner in history — a record he held until 2004.
Over the next few years, he became one of the most successful poker tournament players in history, winning two WPT events, another two WSOP bracelets, and appearing at 11 final tables.
Upon opening, the WYNN Las Vegas resort recruited him as their "Poker Ambassador" to play for any stake in their poker room. The arrangement lasted until October 2005 when he opted out because it was restricting his ability to play for high stakes outside the Wynn.
Daniel is known for his ability to "read" other players, gathering information about his opponent's hand by studying their betting patterns and physical expressions.
Daniel was named "Favourite Poker Player" at the Card Player, Player of the Year Awards Gala in February 2006."At the highest levels everyone has a decent understanding of the math. Feel, or psychological warfare is what it's all about. I honestly don't think that a pure math guy has much of a chance in those games because they aren't psychologically prepared for the game."
Daniel Negreanu is one of my personal favourite poker players. His reading abilities and down-to-earth attitude hand in hand with his attitude towards the game in general and other people makes him such a great player and entertainer.
KidPoker - PokerStars
doublesuited - Full Tilt Poker
- 1997: Best All Around Player, World Poker Finals.
- 1998: WSOP Pot Limit Hold'em at age 23.
- 1999: United States Poker Champion.
- 1997-1999: 12 major tournament wins.
- 2000: Live action in Las Vegas at the Bellagio.
- 2001: 11th in the main event at the WSOP.
- 2001: Legends of Poker 7-card stud, 1s
- 2002: Best All around Player at the L.A.P.C.
- 2002: Legends of Poker 2002 Event # 5 7- Card Stud, 1st
- 2002: Legends of Poker 2002 Event # Omaha Hi/Lo, 1st
- 2002: Legends of Poker 2002 Event # Omaha Hi/Lo split, 2nd
- 2002: Legends of Poker 2002 Event # No Limit Holdem, 1st
- 2002: Hall of Fame Poker Classic, Limit Holdem, 1st
- 2002: Four Queens Poker Classic, Limit Holdem, 2nd
- 2002: World Series of Poker, Limit Hold 'em Shootout, 6th
- 2004: Orleans Open, No-Limit Hold'em Championship, 6th
- 2004: Championship Poker at the Plaza, No-Limit Hold'em, 1st
- 2004: Party Poker Million III, LHE CS Final Day, 2nd
- 2004: Caribbean Adventure, No-Limit Hold'em, 3rd
- 2003: World Series of Poker, S.H.O.E, 1st